Sunday 30 November 2008

Arch for Carol T


This is one of my Encaustic pictures which I used a print of for Carol's arch


Close up showing the free machined arch with its bells




This is my final arch. I know it is still November but I wanted to get it done and sent of before the chaos of Christmas. I started of by thinking I would do something seasonal so I used one of my own paintings as a starting point. Having read the brief I started of on the Gothic route but think I must have been distracted by Tiggy's blog of her trip to India because the arch started to go very Indian. I did a bit of free machine embroidery which had tassles, just right for little bells. Carol likes metal so I made a metal frame for the picture which left a space, just right for a bit of shisha work I thought, so I dug out my instuctions which I had from doing a workshop with Tig years ago. I embellished the background. Red and blue chiffon onto blue felt. I added a little copper Angelina behind the free machined arch. I then hand stitched beads around the edge and finally added a few Swarkovsci crystals to give it a sparkle.

3 comments:

Alis Clair said...

Oh it is very beautiful Carol. I love the colours and the sparkle of course.

Tiggy Rawling said...

oh - I like!

Uniquely Yours Creations said...

Very pretty Carol! I love that shade
of blue. I have to admit that I didn't know what "Encaustic" meant. I had to
look it up and sounds like a very
interesting technique.
I also like the shisha embroidery;
I would like to try that. It adds
a nice touch.
Good Job!
Lin